[mythtv-users] split programs, Freeview EIT

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 20:24:56 UTC 2009

Hi

We're encountering an issue just recently where programs are split across an
edition of the news. I schedule the recording that I want this programme to
record but dont see that it is split. Myth only records the section up to
the news. Common Freeview PVRs somehow see that the programme is split and
record both parts (often concatenating the files) maybe the set-top boxes
read something from the EIT meta-data?

So I have three questions;
1. is this a known myth issue with EIT, or EIT in the UK, or Freeview EIT?
2. is this likely to be addressed?
3. does using the RadioTimes XML feed fix this - I have been looking to use
it (how reliable is it?); I have been resisting just in the hope that the
broadcasters would start to update the EIT feed in real-time; therefore
allowing adjustments to the recording schedule due to over-runs...

thanks

Thanks And Regards,

Richard Morton

www.pidgin.im - MSN & Yahoo Messenger and many great features but without