[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.22 upgrade problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 14 19:01:39 UTC 2009

On 11/14/2009 01:15 AM, Mariano Goluboff wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Mariano Goluboff wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>>> Backup your database (
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ).
>>>
>>> Then:
>>> Then start mythfrontend and it should re-create the video/DVD schema for
>>> you.
>> I was having a similar problem after going from Ubuntu 9.04 to Ubuntu 9.10
>> (and Myth 0.21 to 0.22). I cleared the database per the commands above, and
>> now mythfrontend starts without a segfault!
>>
>> The problem now is that the Video Manager doesn't find any files when I try
>> to scan for them. I get the following on the terminal:
>> Database error was:
>> Table 'mythconverg.videometadata' doesn't exist
>>
>> So it looks like the video/DVD schema was not re-created correctly. How can
>> I do it manually so I can watch videos again? (at least I can watch
>> recordings on 0.22 now, yay!)
> Well, an update, now mythfrontend doesn't start anymore after exiting.
> Segmentation fault after saying:
> Current MythVideo Schema Version (mythvideo.DBSchemaVer): 1028

Please try re-running the mysql command.  If MythVideo can't upgrade the
schema after doing so, please paste the output of the mysql command.
The following will capture the output in a file called results.log in
the user's home directory:

cat << "EOF" | mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg 2>&1 | tee results.log
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocast;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocategory;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocountry;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videogenre;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadata;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatacast;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatacountry;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatagenre;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videotypes;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS filemarkup;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvdinput;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvdtranscode;
DELETE FROM settings WHERE value
  IN ('mythvideo.DBSchemaVer',
      'VideoDBSchemaVer',
      'DVDDBSchemaVer');
EOF

Also, please attach (or pastebin) the (whole) frontend log from trying
to start mythfrontend right after running the above mysql command (make
sure you get rid of any old log information in the file before starting
mythfrontend so that it only shows the session that attempted and failed
to upgrade the MythVideo schema).

Mike