[mythtv-users] AudioPulseUtil: Failure to Suspend in MythTV 0.22

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Nov 14 17:11:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 22:10 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> If I kill pulseaudio,  mythfrontend will come up on the client.
> I can watch  previously recorded videos,  but there is no sound.
> I can look at the Program Guide - so connections to the DB are good.
> I can "Watch TV", but again, no sound

I don't know what exactly is going wrong here, but you would
probably have more success if you removed the package containing
the pulseaudio executable from the system. It is quite possible
that it is being restarted after you kill it. Once it is gone
check that sound is not muted and that the volume sliders are
set to reasonable values.

-- Daniel