[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.22 upgrade problems

Mariano Goluboff goluboff+mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 06:08:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> Backup your database (
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ).
>
> Then:
>
> cat << "EOF" | mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocast;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocategory;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocountry;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videogenre;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadata;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatacast;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatacountry;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatagenre;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videotypes;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS filemarkup;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvdinput;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvdtranscode;
> DELETE FROM settings WHERE value
>   IN ('mythvideo.DBSchemaVer',
>       'VideoDBSchemaVer',
>       'DVDDBSchemaVer');
> EOF
>
> Then start mythfrontend and it should re-create the video/DVD schema for
> you.
>
> I'm guessing at one point in the past you had only MythDVD or MythVideo
> installed back when they were separate plugins.
>
> Mike

I was having a similar problem after going from Ubuntu 9.04 to Ubuntu 9.10
(and Myth 0.21 to 0.22). I cleared the database per the commands above, and
now mythfrontend starts without a segfault!

The problem now is that the Video Manager doesn't find any files when I try
to scan for them. I get the following on the terminal:
Database error was:
Table 'mythconverg.videometadata' doesn't exist

So it looks like the video/DVD schema was not re-created correctly. How can
I do it manually so I can watch videos again? (at least I can watch
recordings on 0.22 now, yay!)

Mariano