[mythtv-users] jamu (0.57) exits status of 1; upsets cron - any ideas?

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:44:53 UTC 2009

> Installed mythbuntu 9.10 which includes 0.22.  I have included
> avenard's repo for VDPAU stuff.

I have a very similiar setup and recently started using jamu by hand.  I
haven't gotten around to putting it in a cron job.

> Command run;
> /usr/bin/python /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -MW; echo $?
> <snippage>
> 1

Now that I'm looking for it I see the same return 1 that you have however
looking at the wiki I think the problem is that you're using options
targeted for interactive use.  The suggestion on the wiki for cron jobs is:
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -l en -C
"/home/user/.jamu/jamu-maintenance.conf" -M >
"/home/user/tmp/jamu_maintenance.log"

Given my mythtv user has a jamu.conf in ~/.mythtv/jamu.conf and that jamu.py
is in a slightly different spot in my ubuntu system I am planning to use:
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu-new.py -M > ~/jamu_maintenance.log

Adding the ";echo $?" to the end returns 0 as desired.

Matt