[mythtv-users] MythMusic database upgrade failure

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Nov 13 03:02:19 UTC 2009

> On 11/12/2009 06:37 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> I've just upgraded from 0.21-fixes to 0.22-fixes. I guess that over the
>> last 4 years I've accumulated some cruft because each time I start the
>> frontend I get the following:

>> 2009-11-13 12:27:22.345 DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
>> Query was: DROP TABLE musicmetadata;
>> Error was: Driver error was [2/1051]:
>> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
>> Database error was:
>> Unknown table 'musicmetadata'
>>
>> new version: 1014
>>
>> After this, I'm still unable to enter MythMusic
>>
>> I'm quite happy to drop the music database tables to start from scratch,
>> if someone could tell me how to do that, as all my files have tags so
>> re-scanning shouldn't be a problem. I currently have the following
>> tables:
>>

> cat << "EOF" | mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS musicmetadata;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS musicplaylist;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS smartplaylistcategory;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS smartplaylist;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS smartplaylistitem;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_albums;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_artists;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_genres;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_playlists;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_songs;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_stats;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_smartplaylists;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_smartplaylist_items;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_smartplaylist_categories;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_directories;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS music_albumart;
> DELETE FROM settings WHERE value = 'MusicDBSchemaVer';
> EOF
>
> then restart mythfrontend.

That certainly got things running but does the new version 0.22 only look
for new version tags? Some of my stuff that I ripped 7-8 years ago isn't
being entered into the database correctly (it all ends up in unknown) but
recently ripped stuff is OK. Is there some way I can read the old
music_songs table into the database without getting into a mess with the
other tables?

--
Robin Gilks