[mythtv-users] tmdb.pl reports syntax error

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 12 22:40:31 UTC 2009

Having managed to accidentally wipe all my video metadata (playing with a script... whoops) I've been trying to re-download it all again by using mythvideo and choosing the 'Download Metadata' option. Some Movies for which I was previously able to get information are now reporting an error - I get a popup which says:

Video Data Query Failed
syntax error at line 1, column 49, byte 49 at
/usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187

After some debugging, it looks like this is because the query in question is returning a '404 Not Found' HTML page:
eg
./tmdb.pl -D 0061405

<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>