[mythtv-users] hdpvr cat: /dev/video0: Input/output error

David Sperling ds at hakodateit.com
Thu Nov 12 16:37:06 UTC 2009

Thanks for that.

I did the following

rmmod hdpvr #remove the module
modprobe hdpvr hdpvr_debug=7 # re-add hdpvr module with increased debug
tail -f /var/log/kernel/current #watched for hdpvr debug messages in log
found this is log: hdpvr 1-3:1.0: no valid video signal or device init
failed
rmmod hdpvr # removed the module to try on a different input
modprobe hdpvr hdpvr_debug=1 default_video_input=1 #reset to s-video

And all was right in the world.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,