[mythtv-users] Dell Zino HD as FE/BE

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:05:42 UTC 2009

> Maybe the $1.25 Billion they will get from Intel will allow a few more pennies
> for the R&D budget:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/technology/companies/13chip.html?_r=1&hp

That will look good on their balance sheets. Unfortunately I don't
think it is an R&D problem. ATI is actually outperforming nvidia in
RAW GPU power right now. And they even opened up the specs for open
source developers to create drivers for their cards. It is just my
opinion but I would assume by open sourcing the specs they in some
sense washed there hands of the Linux driver development, and hope
that the community will compensate. Unfortunately the community hasn't
been able to keep up with what nvidia is doing with their proprietary
drivers.