[mythtv-users] Does MythVideo/jamu use the thetvdb SID or EID

auric auric at aanet.com.au
Thu Nov 12 10:13:24 UTC 2009

> Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:06:30 -0800
> From: Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Does MythVideo/jamu use the thetvdb SID or
> 	EID
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM, auric <auric at aanet.com.au> wrote:
> > Firstly congrads and many thanks to all the people who worked on 0.22
> > and who are continuing to make MythTV an even more fantastic
> > application.
> >
> > I've been using fill_mythvideo_metadata.pl so my videometadata inetref
> > for TV Shows look like
> > http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6770Detcetc/episodes/6038/en.xml
> > I can run a sql script to convert these to 6038, but this is a Episode
> > ID. It looks like MythVideo/jamu uses the Series ID in inetref.
> >
> > Does MythVideo/jamu use thetvdb Episode ID or Series ID in the inetref
> > column for a tv show episode?
>
> So this script places a web address in the inetref?  That is
> incorrect, please ask the script author to fix that.
>
> For Television, the inetref should be the seriesID number at TVDB, or
> IMDB number for anything from TMDB (Yes, I mean IMDB number for TMDB).
>
> Robert

Thanks Robert for the info.

Have written a very quick and dirty perl script to download the url and
pull out the SID, Season and Episode number and update the database.
After this looks like my jamu mass update got everything correctly
without having to do any interactive/manual selection.

If it is of any use to you grab it at
http://web.aanet.com.au/auric/files2/convert-fill-jamu.pl
Backup, backup, backup db before use.
There is a section at the end that is commented out that splits the
title into the new title, subtile. This worked for me as all my titles
were of format "Series S01E01 EpisodeName", but I don't know what yours
are. However I assume correct title,subtitle is actually not required
for jamu to get the correct show, if you have the SID and Season,
Episode numbers correct.

Also raised a defect with the fill_mythvideo_metadata.pl team.

Auric