[mythtv-users] ION "LE" suitable for VDPAU ?

David W Davis davidw.davis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 20:33:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:32 AM, David W Davis <davidw.davis at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Is there a way to get digital audio out of these units without HDMI (or
> > somehow splitting audio/video)?  My tv only has DVI, so I'd have to get
> an
> > HDMI/DVI adapter to connect this box.  I'd also like to keep digital
> audio
> > to my receiver rather than going back to analog.  Any insight?
>

> please stop top posting.
>
> can you take the hdmi out of the revo and into the receiver, then from
> receiver to TV via a hdmi-dvi adaptor?

Sorry...gmail....

I don't have HDMI on my TV or my receiver.  And the Revo looks to only have
HDMI, VGA and analog audio.  I could convert the HDMI to DVI (or even use
VGA) for my TV, but I'd like digital audio (optical, coax).  I've found
active devices that split HDMI to DVI/digital audio, but they run about
$200.  So it might be a lost cause......