[mythtv-users] VDPAU and auto-fill together?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Nov 11 19:36:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 11:12 -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:

> No.

Damn.  The two most compelling reasons (for me) to upgrade are mutually
exclusive.  :-(

> Auto-fill only works with software decoding methods.

I guess I don't know zilch about VDPAU.  Is it being given the MPEG2
stream directly to decode?  I thought it was just "assisting".

> Patched welcome!

:-)

> Yes.  Moreso when using -v playback, but even standard verbosity will
> mention using VDPAU.

OK.  Good to know.

> Ouija board.  Or just choose the one that looks best to you while not
> exceeding your card's capabilities and causing stuttering.

Ahhh.  I guess choose was the wrong word.  How do I acutally select one?
Where in the settings does one tweak VDPAU options?

b.