[mythtv-users] VDPAU and auto-fill together?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 19:12:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Brian J. Murrell
<brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> Does the new auto-fill feature work with VDPAU?  One of my main
> motivators for upgrading to 0.22 was to have what would be "letterbox"
> 4:3 content zommed up to fill the screen on my 16:9 screen -- known as
> the auto-fill feature.

No.  Auto-fill only works with software decoding methods.  Patched welcome!

> While on the topic of VDPAU, how can one be sure it's actually being
> used?  Will mythfrontend emit something on it's stdout when it is being
> used?

Yes.  Moreso when using -v playback, but even standard verbosity will
mention using VDPAU.

> How does one choose VDPAU features, such as which de-interlacer to use?

Ouija board.  Or just choose the one that looks best to you while not
exceeding your card's capabilities and causing stuttering.  Lots of
people swayed by what they are *told* is the best looking, precious
few choosing based on what they like.  :)

Robert