[mythtv-users] MythTV, Fedora 11, RPMfusion

stan stanlist at cox.net
Wed Nov 11 18:57:28 UTC 2009

The latest Fedora 11 update to the kernel and ffmpeg finally got the display
working on my Intel DG45FC mobo onboard graphics and Hauppauge HVR 950Q USB
tuner.  (Well, at least for a five minute review of a recorded HD OTA
program.)

So now I'm interesting in trying the new mythtv .22.  I plan to completely
reinstall the system and get the new mythTV.

So I figure I may as well see if there are answers to a few question I've
always left hanging..

1.  Is mythTV .22 on RPMfusion?

2.  When you install mythTV from RPMfusion with gnome's add/remove programs
should you first create a mythtv user?  I've installed without creating the
mythtv user and found the install creates mythtv but I can't log into it.

3.  Is the mySQL database initialized by the mythTV RPMfusion install?  I've
been running the script to do this, but I've read messages implying the
script is no longer necessary.

4.  Does Fedora's "check for updates" function include packages (like
mythTV) installed from RPMfusion?

5.  Does mythfilldatabase do anything when all program guide sources are
obtained from ATSC over-the-air information?

BTW, the RPMfusion and "add/remove program" stuff sure makes mythTV easy to
install.

Thanks,
--stan