[mythtv-users] How to avoid upgrade headaches

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 18:56:38 UTC 2009

> Can this be setup on debian by adding some repository or something? Or is
> this only for ubuntu?

the www.debian-multimedia.org repository tracks the current fixes
versions.  he has mythtv 0.22 in his experimental repository right now
but it should fall through to all the others soon.  personally all my
machines are debian (tracking testing) and once a machine is setup
upgrades haven't hurt me.  my desktop i upgrade frequently but the
main mythtv box in the living room only really gets mythtv updates. i
build myth from source but i use packed dev and libraries.  apt-get
build-dep makes it easy to get all the dependencies to build a package
from source. then again i've been using debian for more than 10 years
and i know it's ins and outs pretty well. YMMV