[mythtv-users] 0.22 and the HD-PVR-1212?

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:51:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> Now that 0.22 is out, I'm looking forward to finally being able to use my
> 1212.
>
> Does anyone have any advice, or good or bad experiences to share on getting a
> 1212 to work? Any major gotchas?
>
> What I really want to hear is that it "just works" :-)
>
> I'm using a DISH VIP722, I change channels using a MyBlaster which has never
> failed me, so channel changes should be OK.
>
> Probably due to its having an external power supply, the MyBlaster seems to
> put out a LOT of IR radiation. It even works reliably from the next room. A
> real shame that MyTV is no longer in business:-(

For me it pretty much "just worked" .  That of course is dependent on
your Kernel, etc.  I'm running Fedora 11 and did all the dist updates
prior to install so that I would mentioned on the wiki to get channel
changes to work reliably.  I do not think these patcheshave the latest
and greatest Kernel.  Make sure you read the Mythtv HD-PVR wiki.

Make sure that if you're using the SP/DIF input to the  HD-PVR, that
its hooked up or it will fail (I had inadvertently hooked it to the
output instead of the input - oops)

I needed to incorporate the patches  are in the current .22 release.

Ron