[mythtv-users] Adding HD-PVR in preparation for 0.22

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 00:39:16 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Anyone?  Anyone at all?  I do notice that I only have 1 video device under
>> /dev (/dev/video0), and that is the device for the analog portion of my
>> pcHD5500 card.  So how can I see if this box is working?  Like I said above,
>> I have the component (red/blue/green) cables from my Comcast Motorola box
>> into the Input of the HD-PVR, and the HD-PVR is plugged into my Myth box via
>> USB.
>>

> If you don't have a video node for it, the box isn't installed
> properly.  Since you are using 9.04, you will need to compile and
> install v4l-dvb from source and modprobe the hdpvr module to be able
> to test it.
>
> Robert

Will upgrading to Mythbuntu 9.10 help?  I know that  it was coming with
0.22 on it, so wouldn't the v4l-dvb apps and hdpvr module be there
then?  How are other people hooking their HD-PVRs up?  Are they
compiling v4l-dvb too?  Perhaps I missed that somewhere as I thought I
could just connect it via USB and have it recognized and work.

My kernel right now is:

Linux hdevine-desktop 2.6.28-16-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 20
19:48:32 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I've been holding off upgrading until I watch all of the recordings that
I've been meaning to catch up on.  If it fails for some reason, I'd just
nuke it and start over.  Not a big deal to me.

Thanks,
Harry