[mythtv-users] ION "LE" suitable for VDPAU ?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Nov 10 20:12:22 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 November 2009 11:39:46 David Asher wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2009, at 11:56 AM, elektron wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> >> Thanks. DX10 is probably of interest to gamers, not to me. I just
> >> want to make
> >> sure the LE can decode h264 @ 1080i before I buy one, and it seems
> >> as though
> >> it should.
> >
> > I have the Acer Aspire Revo (AR1600-U910H). I can confirm that vdpau
> > works great with 0.22 on fc11. No performance issues decoding h264
> > 1080p. I haven't messed with de-interlacing for other formats, just
> > using defaults out of the box. ABC, NBC, FOX all look great.
> >
> > When compared to my core2duo frontend, the menu's are slightly slower
> > (especially when loading fanart), but they are still very usable. This
> > little device is simply amazing, and i would have paid 300$ for it
> > easy, thank you newegg!
>
> Is the 1GB of memory enough?  I'm noticing that my ZOTAC ION FE with
> trunk + Mythbuntu theme + lots of fanart easily hits 660MB resident.

I see their specs say "memory capacity 1GB", but it also says "slots (total)
2" and "slots (available) 1".

This is a little confusing. I want to know if I can get 2GB of RAM. I assumed
that one of the 2 slots was occupied with a 1GB stick, and I could put a
second 1GB one in the second slot.

But "memory capacity 1GB" would seem to imply I can't do that, or perhaps they
mean it can only handle 1GB DIMMs, and not 2GB ones?

elektron: Since you have one of these, does it in fact have a second DIMM slot
that's empty, and can I put a second GB into that?

They have got to stop having marketing types write the specs :-)

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org