[mythtv-users] ION "LE" suitable for VDPAU ?

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:33:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:
> Looks like it would make a great Myth FE box. Can anyone confirm that HDMI
> audio out works? Without spdif, it becomes important. :) It looks like there

What is it that makes something "a great Myth FE box", as opposed to "
greate Myth FE/BE box"?

I am asking, not having looked at the specs for this particular box at
all, so there could be something quite obvious (such as, it's
diskless) that makes my question moot.

I am about to build a Myth box to replace my antiquated Series 2
(analog) TiVo so that I can record OTA digital broadcasts.  If this
box has enough room for a disk or two, wouldn't it make a great FE/BE
box as well?  WOOT has supplied me with a USB tuner, so I don't need
any slots.  Or am I missing something?

--wpd