[mythtv-users] ION "LE" suitable for VDPAU ?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Nov 10 16:27:09 UTC 2009

Looks like it would make a great Myth FE box. Can anyone confirm that HDMI
audio out works? Without spdif, it becomes important. :) It looks like there
is a stereo output, so that could cover one use for me. For $200, I might
just pick one up and try it. Replacing the FE in the bedroom with something
like this would give me a high WAF. The 1GB of RAM shouldn't be a big issue
for Myth, VDPAU means we can play HD on it. I don't need a hard drive
(netboot), but I suppose I could pull it and use it for something else.
Maybe stuff another 1GB SODIMM in there. I have a couple floating around
from a Mac Mini upgrade that I don't have a use for right now.