[mythtv-users] Problem playing back mono recordings over SPDIF

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Tue Nov 10 05:40:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

Still running 0.21 fixes - I'm recording things directly from an IPTV
provider, and some of the channels are sent only in mono.  When I play
them back on my two linux frontends I get no sound at all.  They play
back fine with my Mac frontend, and they play back on the linux boxes
via mplayer/vlc with sound.

I've put a copy of a short clip from one of the mono channels up on
dropbox: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1762934/badrec.mpg

Anyone have any idea what's wrong with the internal Myth player, and if
this has been fixed in the transition to 0.22?  I'm likely to do an
upgrade in the next few weeks anyway, when I have some time to devote to it.

If someone on 0.22 could try that recording out with the Internal player
in mythvideo, and let me know if they get sound, I'd appreciate it!

Greg