[mythtv-users] HVR-1600 on slave backend 'Unavailable'

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:18:38 UTC 2009

Ok, I think I might have a clue now, but i'm not sure how to resolve it.  In
the mythbackend log, it says:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

But /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock doesn't exist.

I'm not running mysql on my slave backend, so I don't know why it's trying
to connect to the local MySQL server rather than the master backend's
server.

It's a clue, but not a solution.  In mythtv-setup on the Slave, I have the
Master Backend IP address set to the correct address of my master backend,
but it still seems to be trying to connect locally.

The fontend on the slave box has no problems connecting to the master
backend... why does the backend have trouble?