[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Died

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:21:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are in the USA Radio Schlock has an assortment of various DC
>> adapters,
>> you can usually find what you want.
>>
>> Also, some warts are AC and some are  DC, the HDHR wants 5 volts DC, the
>> center pin is positive.
>>
>> --
>> Brian Wood
>> beww at beww.org
>>

> uhh i hate that store....Just called and they have one for $36.  what a
> friggin rip.  Least they have a good return policy ;)
>
> I also found out via flee bay that the PSP uses a 5V 2A.  Which can be had
> for $5. If the new PSU works that is.
>

> --
> Mitchell

Well SD says its a small chance that the PSU is the issue:

[15:07] <dead-hdhr> i opened tkt 6087. where only power light comes on.  any
chance that could be fixed by a new wall wart?
[15:08] <jludka> small chance
[15:09] <jludka> unlikely
[15:09] <jludka> if you've got another 5v/2a supply sitting around you can
test it if you want
[15:10] <dead-hdhr> yea i went diggin but can only find a 12v 2A or a 5v 1a
[15:11] <jludka> first one will let out the magic smoke
[15:11] <dead-hdhr> lol...
[15:11] <jludka> second one will just not work
[15:12] <dead-hdhr> PSP power adpters are the same was thinking about going
and buying one for a test..but wasnt sure if i was wasting my time
[15:13] <dead-hdhr> whats norm the issue when they do this?
[15:13] <jludka> not from the batch with the bad power supplies, so a power
supply failure would be unlikely
[15:13] <dead-hdhr> is it common life of these?  i bought this when the hdhr
first came out or around
[15:14] <jludka> a lot of people are still using the old ones without issue

Wonder if this is worth my time....

Also which there were linux drivers for the AverTVDuet.  Much cheaper than a
HDHR.

--
Mitchell