[mythtv-users] Successful upgrades

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:45:19 UTC 2009

> So I am looking for a few reports of successful upgrades with
> mythbuntu; a list of known issues and an indication of the time I
> should allow for the upgrade (duration of expected outage).

My upgrade went very smooth and very quick from 9.04 to 9.10. There
was one thing that I thought was an issue, but was a false alarm. The
mythtv-database package in mythbuntu always reports that it failed to
install because of a password/authentication problem. This was the
case in 9.04 and .21 as well, but I forgot about it. I spent a lot of
time trying unsuccessfully to resolve this because I thought it meant
the database hadn't updated properly for .22. However, it was a non
issue. The database doesn't actually get updated until you first run
mythtv. When I fired up myth it prompted for a database upgrade and
mine went smoothly after that.