[mythtv-users] Status of subtitle support in MythVideo Internal player?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:02:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM, German Rodriguez <callmegar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the latest mythtv-0.22-fixes and external subtitles work pretty
> well from .srt on .avi .mkv and .m2ts files using the internal player
> (is all I use), they been working on trunk for a while too, just make
> sure to press the "T" key after the video starts playing.
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 6:44 AM, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Lars Michael Jogbäck
>> <lmjogback at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've tried to get subtitles showing when using the internal player in Mythvideo.
>>>
>>> I've tried both separate .srt/.ssa files and integrated subtitles in
>>> the Matroska
>>> container with no luck. Is this implemented?
>>>

>> I was just stuck on this last night.  I couldn't get myth Internal
>> player to show subs either.  I tried a .mkv file.  Then I tried the
>> and same .mkv with a .srt file.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure I have used the Internal player to watch an .avi file
>> with .srt subtitles before.  But I am not 100% certain.

I can't speak in particular for .mkv files, but if the basename of the
file contains a period '.' character, the internal player won't pick
up the srt file.  E.g., "My.Movie.avi" / "My.Movie.srt" will not show
subtitles, but "My Movie.avi" and "My Movie.srt" will.

See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6869 .

Jim