[mythtv-users] DB charset pre-conversion test failed! Your database seems to be partially corrupted.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Nov 9 16:11:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 10:04 -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:

> If the problem is in fact from missing tables, that's a serious issue.

Indeed.

> I can't imagine the schema upgrade handling such a thing gracefully.

If this is the case, it would be nice if the upgrade process mentioned
missing tables and not sending the user on a wild goose chance about
corrupted databases and character sets and so on.

> It looks to me like the 1214->1215 upgrade is doing an alter table to
> like 44 tables.

Hrm.  I have something like 92.

> If more than a tiny handful of people had this happen, I'd be curious
> as to what caused it in the first place.

I saw some indication, I don't remember where, about having MythVideo
installed without MythDVD or vice-versa.

> If you want to try and determine what might be missing you can do:
>
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'show tables' > list_of_tables.txt
>
> ...and I can compare it to my 1214 database.

Attached, thanx!

b.