[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 15:24:45 UTC 2009

> So setting the TZ environment variable to the appropriate value before
> starting the frontend may be another thing to try for people seeing
> sluggish UI performance *and* an unexpectedly high CPU usage when
> sitting at the main menu.

I had my timezone set correctly in the mythbuntu data & time control, but
when I tried to echo the TZ environment variable, it was empty.  I manually
set it on the command line instead, and restarted mythfrontend.  So far, my
frontend CPU usage is where I would expect it.  Lets hope it stays that way.

So, I don't know if the change was ubuntu related in not appropriately
setting the TZ, or if myth now relies on TZ in a manor it didn't before.
Either way, this may have promise for being the solution (but that doesn't
make sense to me why changing the resolution of gui would have any impact
then).