[mythtv-users] Choppy video while OSD is fading out?

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Mon Nov 9 12:53:12 UTC 2009

----- "Niklas Brunlid" <prefect47 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Since switching to the vdpau backports to 0.21 a while back, I have had choppy video whenever the OSD is fading out (when starting playback or after pausing/showing info), but I figured it was par for the course with unsupported software and thus not that annoying. :)
>
> However, I just updated to 0.22 and I see the exact same thing there, and I've only seen the problem mentioned in passing on the list in posts about other stuff.
>
> I went to the Trac page but couldn't find how to do a text-based search, although I could very well have missed it.
>
> My hardware:
> Asus K8V mainboard
> AMD64 3000+ CPU
> 2GB RAM
> Sparkle GeForce 9400GT (nVidia 180.60 kernel module)
> Video connected with DVI->HDMI to a FullHD TV (1920x1080)
> Audio connected with mainboard SP/DIF to amplifier, using default Fedora 11 settings (PulseAudio?)
>
> / Niklas

Not a solution, but I have the same issue as well.

Mythbuntu 9.10
MythTV 0.22
Nvidia ION (Zotac, Atom 1.6 GHz dual core)
NVidia 9400 M 512 MB RAM
NVidia 185 driver (Mythbuntu Standard)
512 MB RAM (barely enough)
Video connect with DVI->HDMI to a full HD (1920 x 1080)
Audio standard RCA jacks to external amp.

Gerald