[mythtv-users] Testing 0.22 before full backend upgrade

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Nov 9 10:17:27 UTC 2009

On 7 Nov 2009, at 17:40, Johnny wrote:

> Definitely backup the database, and you may want to choose a time when
> the old backend isn't doing anything and shutdown mythbackend and
> mysql initially. I have read threads where there were issues having
> separate backends on the same network because of the auto discovery
> features. I have seen people inadvertently connecting to or updating
> the wrong backend or mysql database.

That happened to me some time ago!

Even if you specify which database to upgrade, MythTV knows better,
well in an old svn version quite some time ago anyway.
After I'd restored the database from a backup I added a couple of
firewall rules to prevent mythtv & mysql access from the test
frontend. I now have a 0.22 system running on the same network as my
0.21, supposedly if you turn of uPnP it doesn't auto detect but I use
only uPnP for playback so that wasn't really an option.

Andre