[mythtv-users] New frontend... Atom?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 00:34:51 UTC 2009

> The only significant problem I have with the Intel GPU is some tearing. The
> software deinterlacing and scaling are excellent for SD and HS (ATSC).
> Watching a DVD in MythTV or on my Oppo BDP-83 is nearly identical in image
> quality (except for the tearing). I haven't seen VDPAU in action, but I can't
> imagine how it could improve on the Oppo.

I only do SD, and I got an nvidia card to offload some CPU usage, and
I was completely surprised by how good the image quality is. It is
much better than watching straight from the cable on my TV and it
looks better than my DVD player. The colors, noise, and deinterlacing
are really great. At this point I don't care too much about the lower
CPU usage, I would pick nvidia for the image quality.