[mythtv-users] MythTV v0.22 is officially out

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Nov 8 22:46:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 05:07:16PM -0500, Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

>>> Great!
>>> Will you also be building for CentOS 4 as well or are you done with
>>> that? One of my servers still has a CentOS 4 dependency...
>>>

>> I would, but certain dependencies are missing. Even for RHEL5/CentOS5
>> I had to supplement an additional qt4 package as the one supplied does
>> not fulfill the minimal requirements for mythtv. RHEL4/CentOS4 had far
>> more failure points. :/
>>
> The CentOS4 environment I have is only used as a Slave Backend. Do the
> dependencies affect those components? I believe a slave requires only
> mythtv-backend, mythtv-setup, and their respective dependencies. I'm not
> sure if mythtv-frontend is required for some related dependency or if
> mythtv-setup requires qt4 and other stuff that caused your issues.
>
> If it is too much of a pain, then I will wait until my CentOS4
> dependency is removed (likely in December).

It is a pain - you can just try to build from the src.rpm and the
errors will start popping out. If someone finds the time and energy to
get mythtv working again on RHEL4/CentOS4 then I would be glad to use
the patches, but RHEL4/CentOS4 multimedia users are quite rare, so I
doubt someone will.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net