[mythtv-users] Jamu error message

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun Nov 8 21:47:33 UTC 2009

Mark,
    I am happy to read that everything is now working. It can be
confusing to have two places to define video and graphics but those are
really options. Jamu did not get confused as much as will always use
storage groups over FE paths.

    Some people have both storage groups for videos and graphics that
reside on a backend(s) while they also have FE video and image
directories that are only to the FE,

    As jamu will only run on a backend, having storage groups as a
priority only makes sense, The videos and their graphics would be
available to any FE. If you have both your FE video path and an
identical video storage group path you will get duplicates in MythVideo
totally independant of Jamu.

I hope that helps clarify the situation.

Doug