[mythtv-users] New frontend... Atom?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Nov 8 11:36:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Richard Morton wrote:

> In brief, yes; but make sure you buy a board with VDPAU supported
> chipset like the Zotac boards otherwise the small Atom chips wont cope
> with HD.

Hmm, ok.  That means getting an nVidia chipset though, and I swore off
nVidia many years ago after getting bitten too many times by their crappy
drivers and lack of giving a damn about my bug reports... :(

I'm tempted to err towards a Core 2 based mini-ITX system, just for the
safety of knowing I have enough CPU grunt without relying on crazy-ass
proprietary drivers.

Thanks.

--

  - Steve