[mythtv-users] New frontend... Atom?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Nov 8 10:59:21 UTC 2009

I'm looking for a new frontend system - something quiet, reasonably small,
with a DVD drive and capable of playing 1080p/1080i H.264 AVC streams
(e.g. BBC HD).

The Intel Atom processors look interesting, but I've not been able to find
much in the way of performance specs.  Does anyone know if any of the
Atoms are remotely capable of playing HD H.264 AVC?

My laptop (Core 2 Duo T5500 with Intel 945 graphics) seems reasonably
happy playing the BBC HD stream, so I've been using this as a base line
performance requirement.

--

  - Steve