[mythtv-users] Bus Error on Mac OS X 0.21-fixes -> 0.22 (22266)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 8 05:37:30 UTC 2009

On 11/08/2009 12:09 AM, Chris Bayly wrote:
> Just as a heads-up for those upgrading Mac frontends from 0.21 to
> 0.22.   Here's one issue I ran into (and a fix!).
>
> After grabing the latest SVN MythFrontend build from
> http://www.thesniderpad.com/  and trying to run it, it would keep
> crashing out, even after removing ~/.mythtv.   After playing around
> and trying a bunch of different versions (all of the ones on the same
> API level) and hitting the same issue, I decided to check the mailing
> list and google for anyone else seeing the same "Bus Error" (or if you
> ran it from the Finder you would get a "This application has crashed"
> dialog).  Looking at the output when run from the commandline it
> appeared to be happening right after trying to pick a theme
> ("Switching to Terra since the previous theme has an error", etc).
>
> Not finding anything similar online, I started to play around, and
> found the command line switch "-r" or "--reset" that "Resets frontend
> appearance settings and language".  After running that the frontend
> came up with no problems.
>
> Hopefully I've left enough keywords for others to search for in here
> that others will find this post :)

Thanks for posting.

In theory (based on the description of the symptom and the workaround),
that issue should be fixed in r22594 or above.  It looks like he /just/
updated with r22764 (
http://www.thesniderpad.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=42&func=select&id=7
).  I'd appreciate anyone who stills sees the issue with that version
letting me know.

Thanks,
Mike