[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.22 upgrade problems

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Nov 8 01:58:02 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have been running mythtv for several years and am currently at 0.21.

I am trying to upgrade to 0.22 using the atrpms packages.

After the upgrade, running mythvsetup appears to go fine and I see the
schema updates occur.

However, when I start the front end, it tries to update the schema for
mythvideo but fails.  On the screen it says:

Warning: MythTV wants to upgrade your database for the Video schema,
from 1016 to 1028.

Messages from the frontend log say:
Query was:
ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1;
Driver error was [2/1146]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
Database error was:
Table 'mythconverg.videocountry' doesn't exist

2009-11-07 18:55:09.110 Couldn't upgrade video database schema, exiting.
2009-11-07 18:55:09.110 Unable to initialize plugin 'mythvideo'.

Looking at the database, that table does not appear to exist.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Michael