[mythtv-users] Screen resize wizard 0.22

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:25:47 UTC 2009

> I'm using mythtv 0.22 on my mythbuntu 9.10 box. Everything is working
> perfectly, except the screen resize wizard. I want to use it to
> compensate the large overscan. But when i adjust the sliders to match
> the tv scren size and then save that, the frontend is not fullscreen
> anymore. It is resized, but now only fills about 3/4 of the screen.
> The idea is that the resized picture should be fullscreen, right? I
> also tried this with a different window manager than xfce, namely
> ratpoison, but that led to the same result.
> I'm using a nvidia ti4200 using the proprietary driver and wired to
> the tv via s-video.

I have seen this happen if the screen wizard had already been used and
then I go in and make another adjustment. I always hit menu and reset
the screen wizard first. That will restart the frontend with no
adjustments. Then I can make adjustments with the screen wizard and it
works fine. But I always have to reset it if I want to change
anything.