[mythtv-users] Jamu currently broken

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 7 12:15:40 UTC 2009

On Saturday 07 Nov 2009 12:03:03 Duncan Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> For the last few days Jamu has been failing to download banenrs and
> artwork for TV series.
>
> for example:
>
> /etc/cron.daily/jamu2:
>

> ! Warning: Download IOError on URL for Filename(/home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythVideo/Fanart/Strictly Come Dancing_fanart.jpg)
> Orginal URL(http://images.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/83127-1.jpg)
> IOError urllib.quote URL(http://images.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/83127-1.jpg)
>

> Looking at the forums, seems like its a problem with the script:
>
> http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2161
>
> Is there an updated version of the script that can be used?
>
> cheers
>
> Dunc

Browsing www.thetvdb.com for 'Stricly Come Dancing' I get a page which says ' This series currently has no fan art'. However there's a clickable link on the right-hand site that allows me to browse fan art. That's odd in itself.

This URL works:

http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/83127-1.jpg

Note 'www.thetvdb.com' instead of 'images.thetvdb.com'. I don't know anything about the script but if there is a bug, it could be that.

Mark