[mythtv-users] Trouble with two HD-PVRs on one system

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 07:18:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 10:37:39AM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 10:23 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
>> > Do you know if two HD-PVRs would play nice with an unpowered USB hub?
>> > I'm finally happy with the cable management between my A/V stand and
>> > Myth backend and having to run a separate cable around to the front
>> > messes that up. ?If it would work, I could mount a small hub on the
>> > back of the stand and run one USB cable to the back panel.
>>
>> I have not tried that, but I could.  I have a hub around here somewhere ....
>>
>> I will let you know.
>
> That would be nice.  Thanks.

Sorry it took me so long.  The good news is that it seems to work
fine.  I don't know if you could put more than two on a hub, but up to
two works.

I did not try max-bitrate CBR.   I did try two max-bitrate VBRs, one
720p and the other 1080i, and did not notice any problems.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?