[mythtv-users] How to choose alternate fanart/coverart

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 23:49:09 UTC 2009

On themoviedb and thetvdb there are usually multiple options available
for much of the fanart, coverart, etc. Is there some way within
mythvideo or with Jamu to select an alternate image for the artwork?
Or is the first one that comes up the only one available? If this is
not possible within mythtv, is the only current option to manually
replace the relevant files? Also if this isn't currently an option is
it slated for .23?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that random artwork was
supported. I think I recall reading that Robert had done this with
Graphite. Is this just for menu backgrounds? Or could I put multiple
different fanart images for a given show and have a random one used
each time I navigated to that show? How would I go about doing this if
it is possible?