[mythtv-users] Minimal button requirement for remote controls?

xavier hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Fri Nov 6 17:43:21 UTC 2009

Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Another Sillyname
> <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Only 7 buttons when you have over 100 channels could take a while for
>> channel selection
>>

> For some of us, selecting a channel is a very rare event.
>
> Pretty much the only time I use LiveTV is when debugging some problem
> with a tuner.
>

> Eric

I am not using live TV neither.
That said, If mythtv works with 7 buttons, It does not mean that a myth
user should not use more buttons if available !

I just don't like the fact that sometime I cannot do something, because
I did not configure the appropriate button.
For a first time user, it is very hard to know what button to configure
and which one is not absolutely necessary and it is time consuming. I
does not give a good first impression.

Xavier