[mythtv-users] Bones/Fringe fans -- run mythfilldatabase now !

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Nov 6 16:45:23 UTC 2009

Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> says:
> Just an FYI, this is why I have a 6PM cron job that runs with
> --refresh-today.  It will catch alot of schedule changes like
> sports, presidential addresses, and such.  A very good suggestion
> for people to keep their schedules up to date.

I used to do this but removed it because I didn't know what would
happen if two mythfilldtabase jobs ran at the same time, since my box
runs it at whatever time SchedulesDirect suggests it should.

I guess I could avoid the issue by putting a check into the cron job
that aborts it nif another mythfilldatabase is running. I'd have to do
the same thing in the shell script that mythbackend calls to run
mythfilldatabase (I run optimize_database.pl before and after) for the
edge case of the 6pm one starting right after the daily one starts at
5:57pm, too, of course.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array