[mythtv-users] MySQL server has gone away

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 14:57:02 UTC 2009

Hi Guys

Since the upgrade to 0.22RC1 i've had an intermittent problem were the
backend stops connecting to the DB. It seems to happen when the backend
starts scanning for EIT data, but cant be sure about that.

The logs will suddenly start filling with this, over and over:

> Query was:
> SELECT chanid, useonairguide FROM channel, dtv_multiplex WHERE
> serviceid       $
> Bindings were:
> :NETWORKID=9018, :SERVICEID=4672, :SOURCEID=1, :TRANSPORTID=4222
> No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
> 2009-11-04 19:59:29.645 Error preparing query: SELECT chanid,
> useonairguide FRO$
> 2009-11-04 19:59:29.678 Driver error was [2/2006]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement
> Database error was:
> MySQL server has gone away
The frontend is then unresponsive. Restarting mysqld makes no difference
and I have to restart the backend.

Since seeing the problems I have rebuilt the box from scratch, with a
completely new install of F11 and a clean db, but its still happening

anyone seeing anything similar?

cheers

Dunc