[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Nov 5 03:58:33 UTC 2009

* On Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 04:25:24PM -0500, Jeff wrote:
> I've noticed that the 'rating' logo for the Jay Leno show, instead of fading
> in to normal or just appearing, the area cycles through a rainbow of colors
> before going to a black background with "TV14" (or whatever rating) is
> shown.  Gone are the days of a 'static' logo overlayed on the video...  How
> much does that affect the commercial detection logic?

I think it should still work, but it would depend on the logo.  The logo
detection works by doing edge detection, so it doesn't matter a whole lot
if the image changes, as long as it has the same basic shape.  The thing
that does mess with the logo detection is when the log is animated and
changes shapes.

--
Chris