[mythtv-users] Firewire problem with Shaw Cable

Tim Korsrud public at korsrud.com
Thu Nov 5 00:56:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Greg Mitchell <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:

> Tim Korsrud wrote:
>

>> Has any one been successful in getting Shaw to address their firewire
>> issues?  I know that I could buy a HD-PVR, but I would rather not go to that
>> expense.
>>

> Hey Tim, long time no see.
>
> I switched away from Shaw over to Sasktel Max about 6-8 months ago, and
> it's been working miles better than the firewire ever did from Shaw.

Hey Greg, good to "see" you again.

I have been able to get the firewire issue resolved with Shaw. I emailed
them again explaining I was frustrated that the firewire port would be
disabled without any notification, and they contacted their engineering
team, which informed them that the firewire port should be working, it just
may be a broadcast flag issue.  Since none of my channels worked, and it was
disabled in the diagnostic menu, I suggusted that they reactivate my box.
Once they did that, firewire is working again.

Of course this is the day after I set up an HD-PVR, but at least I bought it
from a place where I can return it.

Tim