[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 21:44:26 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>>  so that if I leave in the middle, and come back, it resumes from
>>> that point,
>
> So you want, "Save position and exit."

I thought that might exist somewhere.
>>>  or maybe even better, pops up a menu asking if I want to resume
>>> from the last
>
> INFO|Play from...
Actually, that one isn't so obvious.  If I highlight the episode and
press Enter/Select, it does not do that.  And I'm not going to get into
the habit of hitting Info instead of Select, I don't believe, so only
half of the equation was in place.
> Yeah, my plan includes preview pixmaps--probably something similar to
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6322 (but mythui/fully themable--I'm
> not sure if #6322 has been updated with mythui/theming support).
If you have to push Info to get to it, I doubt it will be very
friendly.  If instead, you Select it from a list, and if bookmarks are
present, you then display that menu, otherwise play from the beginning,
then it would be perfect.

Jeff.
--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 2 months and 2 weeks, saving $5,290.95 and
not smoking 35,273.05 cigarettes.