[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 4 19:22:16 UTC 2009

On 11/04/2009 07:56 AM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> One setting I never understood under the TV->General->AutoExpire
> settings is "Re-record watched".  Apparently that causes a show to be
> re-recorded

(actually, to "allow" re-recording)

>  if it's auto expired _and_ marked as watched.

Yes, because no matter what, if the show is marked as /not/ watched,
autoexpire will /always/ delete the file and set the episode to allow
re-recording.

>   For some
> reason mine was on, and certainly never set it, at least not
> intentionally...

It defaults to true because that means all programs are expired the
same--because of the always-on "allow re-record if not watched."

Mike