[mythtv-users] iPlayer on Freesat - MHEG 5

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Nov 4 14:32:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, November 4, 2009 2:03 pm, Another Sillyname wrote:
> 2009/11/4 Ben Lancaster <mail at benlancaster.co.uk>:
>> This just popped up in my RSS Reader from The Register:
>>
>> "The BBC's iPlayer will be coming to Freesat later this month, finally
>> giving free-to-air satellite television set-top boxes' Ethernet ports
>> something to do."
>> (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/11/04/bbc_iplayer_on_freesat/)
>>
>> Anyone know if MythTV's MHEG implementation will handle this?
>
> How's this going to work?
>
> The feed won't be coming off the satellite surely, how could your
> connection to the satellite be selective?

Presumably it means that there will be MHEG menus and when you select a
program to watch it will use your internet connection (connected to
ethernet port on your freesat box) to stream the content from the iPlayer.

Clever.  This will be excellent if it works in Myth!  Save me shelling out
to firefox anyway :-)

Robert.