[mythtv-users] Sound issues still...

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 12:31:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/11/4 A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Scott, thanks for the reply.
> >
> > What OS are you running, I'm running Ubuntu and by default it has
> PulseAudio
> > running do you know if that needs to be uninstalled or can I just try and
> > get Alsa running as the default sound system?
>
> if running 0.22, then yes, you should disable or uninstall the
> pulseaudio server.

Seeing this in the syslog not sure why I would be lacking priveleges?

Nov  4 06:59:47 DVR01 pulseaudio[4123]: main.c: Called SUID root and
real-time and/or high-priority scheduling was requested in the
configuration. However, we lack the necessary privileges:
Nov  4 06:59:47 DVR01 pulseaudio[4123]: main.c: We are not in group
'pulse-rt', PolicyKit refuse to grant us the requested privileges and we
have no increase RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits.
Nov  4 06:59:47 DVR01 pulseaudio[4123]: main.c: For enabling
real-time/high-priority scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit
privileges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the
RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
Nov  4 06:59:47 DVR01 pulseaudio[4122]: main.c: Called SUID root and
real-time and/or high-priority scheduling was requested in the
configuration. However, we lack the necessary privileges:
Nov  4 06:59:47 DVR01 pulseaudio[4122]: main.c: We are not in group
'pulse-rt', PolicyKit refuse to grant us the requested privileges and we
have no increase RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits.
Nov  4 06:59:47 DVR01 pulseaudio[4122]: main.c: For enabling
real-time/high-priority scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit
privileges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the
RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
Nov  4 06:59:48 DVR01 pulseaudio[4145]: pid.c: Daemon already running.