[mythtv-users] Firewire problem with Shaw Cable

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Wed Nov 4 04:07:52 UTC 2009

Tim Korsrud wrote:

> Has any one been successful in getting Shaw to address their firewire
> issues?  I know that I could buy a HD-PVR, but I would rather not go to
> that expense.

Hey Tim, long time no see.

I switched away from Shaw over to Sasktel Max about 6-8 months ago, and
it's been working miles better than the firewire ever did from Shaw.

The details are on the wiki: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sasktel_IPTV

I'm only able to record one HD stream per IP (or two SD streams) and
currently you can only have one network card per backend assigned to
Sasktel successfully, which is a bit of a bummer.

Not really an answer to your question, but a $10 network card is a lot
cheaper than a HD-PVR.

Greg